Home



You saw me take my first steps and you have seen me grow.
But like every daughters time comes, mine has too.
I'm leaving the only place I ever called home,
To live in a foreign land where I'm supposed to belong.
If so, why does it not feel like mine?
Why do I still crave for a place that's too ashamed to call me its own?
Nevertheless, I can't deny. You have given me everything I could ask for and much much more,
for that I'll be forever grateful.
And now that you are so far away from me, I can't help but only cherish these memories.
To you, I might be another expat but to me, home is you.

- Manal Azim
1st BSc FND 

Comments

  1. Honestly, I miss my home too. And reading this poem makes me emotional and nostalgic about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. The universal heaven (Home) which God have blessed us with

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Malayalam Book Review

SPEAK OUT

XENOBOTS : FIRST LIVING ROBOTS